1/2 Photos of Spinach-Alfredo Pasta Pie
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Makes a delicious dish for a meatless meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup small curd cottage cheese, well-drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 roma tomatoes, 1/2 thick slices lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- extra parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to directions to al dente; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat Alfredo sauce over low heat or in the microwave on reduced power.
- 3Do not overheat!
- 4Cook or steam spinach to wilt; drain and pat dry.
- 5Combine drained pasta with Parmesan and egg.
- 6Press into bottom and up sides of oil-sprayed DEEP DISH 9” pie plate to form crust.
- 7Spread cottage cheese over crust.
- 8Spread spinach evenly.
- 9Spread Alfredo sauce; and place tomato slices over sauce; sprinkle tomatoes with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F.; for 25 minutes.
- 10Uncover, and sprinkle with Mozzarella; bake for about 8 minutes to melt cheese.
- 11Let set for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- 12Serve additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Alfredo Pasta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 672.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
angel hair pasta