Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 12 ounces cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (17 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the noodles.
- In a skillet brown the sausage then drain.
- Add the spinach, alfredo sauce, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the egg and cheddar, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- In an ungreased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in pan, layer a third of the sausage mixture, noodles and cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers two times.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cuting.
This lasagna was rich and elegant. What a great idea to use pork sausage which added a pleasant dimension to the taste. I was looking for a great tasting lasagna that used a white sauce and this filled the bill
Wow! I thought this was amazing. My 5 year old DD said it was "really good" which is always nice to hear when spinach is involved. My jar of alfredo was only 15 oz and I had 1.5 lb of sausage. I would probably double the sauce next time, just because I ran out of it and it was so good. Prepared as is, it was a little difficult to spread the cheese mixture but it turned out fantastic, and wasn't a "wet and sloppy" type of lasagna...which was a good thing. This one is sure to make it into our rotation. Even better the next day. Thanks Brenda!
This is one of my favorite ways to make lasagna. My friend and I used to make this from a cookbook and we had lost the recipe. I am so glad to have found it here.I made homemade alfredo and it was awesome. I might add some mushrooms next time as I think they would go nicely in this dish.