Wonderful flavor, very satisfying meal. Serve with a salad and crusty rolls
Make and share this Spinach Ala Pesto Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml walnuts, roasted until golden brown
- 946.36 ml spinach, well packed cups of chopped raw spinach
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 177.44 ml gruyere cheese
- 236.59 ml lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 118.29 ml light cream
- 680.38 g spinach fettuccine
- Cook the fettuccine ala dente.
- Roast walnuts in a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes; watch they do not burn.
- In a food processor put 2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup walnuts, half the Gruyere, 1/2 cup oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, half the basil, half the oregano and half the cream.
- Process until smooth.
- Repeat with remaining half of the ingredients.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of walnuts for garnish.
- Heat the sauce, keep warm.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta, toss.
- Garnish with walnuts and serve.
Bergy, thanks for posting this great recipe. We had this for lunch last week, and enjoyed it so much. This is so easy make, and your directions were easy to follow. I loved the flavor of the spinach and walnuts and basil. I will make this one again for sure. Thanks!
I made this and it was phenomenal!! LOVE IT! I didn't have light cream, so I used half and half. I used 6 cloves of garlic instead of 4 since I love garlic and I used pine nuts instead of walnuts for the more traditional pesto flavor. I also opted for the EVOO. Yum!
Yummey!!! I had some frozen basil and I used it instead of the dried and also EVOO was my choice for the oil.I left out the cream as I really liked it the way it tasted without. I was delighted to see my one year old enjoying it as well,what better to give her than raw spinach. I wonder if I can use this pesto. On bread is also great. Thanks for sharing a new fav.