1/4 Photos of Spinach Ala Pesto Pasta
Wonderful flavor, very satisfying meal. Serve with a salad and crusty rolls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnuts, roasted until golden brown
- 4 cups spinach, well packed cups of chopped raw spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 cup lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 lbs spinach fettuccine
- 1Cook the fettuccine ala dente.
- 2Roast walnuts in a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes; watch they do not burn.
- 3In a food processor put 2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup walnuts, half the Gruyere, 1/2 cup oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, half the basil, half the oregano and half the cream.
- 4Process until smooth.
- 5Repeat with remaining half of the ingredients.
- 6Set aside 1/2 cup of walnuts for garnish.
- 7Heat the sauce, keep warm.
- 8Pour sauce over cooked pasta, toss.
- 9Garnish with walnuts and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Ala Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.4
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 356.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 27.4 g