Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs spinach, trimmed & washed
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch nutmeg, pinch
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 ham, smoked
- Cook spinach about 5 minutes in a heavy enameled pot.
- After squeezing thoroughly to rid of as much water as possible, chop it coarsely and put into enameled saucepan with the softened butter and other seasonings.
- Stir over very low heat until butter is almost absorbed.Add small clove of garlic, crushed in garlic press, 1/2 c pine nuts, 1/2 c seeded raisins (softened 5 minutes in hot water).
- Cover and cook over very low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn into a hot vegetable dish.
- A cup of chopped, smoked ham may be added if desired.
Excellent flavor. I did not add raisins and only cooked the spinach once. Apprx 5 minutes added to the garlic & pinenuts. The spices were added to the spinach as it cooked - we loved it Thanks BrownieZ for another tasty spinach recupe
Great recipe, loved it. Made it with duck breasts on the bbq and some asparagus and it was amazing... Will definitely cook this again. Thanks so much.
Made this as a vegetarian side dish and served it with Lemon & Garlic Grilled Chicken Breasts (Recipe222713). SCRUMPTIOUS!