Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious sauce from the LCBO Food & Wine magazine!
- Combine sugar& water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over moderately high heat.
- Continue boiling until the syrup is a very light golden colour& falls off the end of a spoon in a slow stream.
- Hull stawberries& slice thickily.
- Add to syrup& cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries are soft- about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat& stir in rum.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled over ice cream, pound cake, pancakes or waffles.