Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Grown up version of a favorite summer treat! Cool, refreshing, and perfect for an evening on the patio or poolside with friends!,
- 6 cups ice, divided
- 1 (750 ml) bottle limoncello, liquer divided (i.e. Lemoncello)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry syrup, divided (the kind you add to milk)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced divided
- 2 cups lemonade, divided
- Put 3 cups ice in a blender. Add 1/2 bottle Lemoncello, 1 cup lemonade and 1/4 cup strawberry syrup. Add more lemonade if mixture is too thick for your liking. Put a few sliced strawberries in the bottom of each glass before pouring in spiked lemonade.
- If the drink is too bitter, you may have to add a squirt more syrup.
- Feel free to blend the fresh strawberries in as well, instead of using them as a garnish.
- You can vary this reipe to suit your taste, by adding raspberry syrup and raspberries, or cranberry juice is good too. I also like to use Minute Maid Tropical Punch fruit juice in place of the one cup of lemonade added to the mix.
We liked this, but I thought the strawberry syrup made it just a little too sweet. I will make this again, but I'll leave that ingredient out, because I think it will be more refreshing if it were not so sweet. Thanks for sharing your recipe, The Miserable Gourmet. Made for Spring 2011 Pick-A-Chef.
We enjoyed this. It was the first time we tried limencello ~ delish! This was easy to make and would be really good at a summer party or barbecue. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.