Recipe by Annacia
This is a summer special. Serve it for a dinner party, BBQ, or for a romantic dinner for two (you'll want to make a smaller amount for that).
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Oh my Annacia, this is goooood. I replaced the powdered sugar with Splenda and otherwise followed the recipe as presented. For a lush but healthy dessert I made a parfait with faux ricotta creme (non fat cottage cheese blended with non fat sour cream and plain non fat yogurt). The berries really didn't need this as it stands well all by itself but what a great way to sneak in some dairy. Thanks!!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup sweet marsala wine (good quality)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and slice strawberries into ½” pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Wash blueberries, drain and add to bowl.
- Add wine and spices.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and stir to dissolve and distribute.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving, stirring it up periodically to redistribute the juices and any powdered sugar that may have settled to the bottom. Just prior to serving, mix in raspberries and blackberries.
- Serve berries in a bowl or ladle onto pound cake.