Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make It as hot as you like it! Just add more crushed red pepper! I serve this with slices of French bread.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 ounces fully cooked chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 lbs deveined jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes until light golden. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chorizo to skillet; saute 3 minutes until browned. Add shrimp, salt and pepper; saute 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Return garlic to skillet; add sherry and cook 1 minute or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in parsley. Serve with toothpicks and bread for dipping in pan juices.
Since my family isn't partial to chorizo, I substituted Italian sausage. I pricked the links and boiled them for 10 minutes to release the grease and to ensure they were cooked, then cut into bite-sized pieces for browning. Followed the rest of the recipe, and it was a major hit!