Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
Cooking Light July 2008. Prep time does not include 8 hours freeze time...If you want you can serve it as a beverage...just skip the freeze and scraping step.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups peach slices (about 3 medium)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup rum
- peach slices (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; summer for 5 minutes. Cool and discard mint.
- Place half of peach mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed peach mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine remaining peach mixture, juice and rum in blender; process until smooth. Add to baking dish.
- Freeze 8 hours or until firm. Remove mixture from freezer; scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy. Serve immediately. Garnish with peach slices and mint sprigs, if desired.