Recipe by Mirj
I got this recipe from a friend who cooks with booze so often she should be getting a liquor license any day now! I couldn't get canned mandarin oranges so I used fresh, and it worked just fine. Prep time includes fridge time, you need 8 hours for the fruit to really marinate in the brandy.
Top Review by PugGrannie
Prepared this last weekend as a sidedish for brunch. I followed the recipe as written and included the apricot brandy. It was an interesting mix of flavors that provided a tasty complement to the breakfast casseroles.
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- 1 Red Delicious apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2⁄3 cup prune, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup apricot brandy (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon