Found this in December 2013 Redbook. It is a nice variation on the sugar cookie - grown up style. I suspect I will use more rum than the recipe shows.
My Private Note
Large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (more for rolling)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (use what you have)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon rum, dark (can use rum flavoring...I will use more rum)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup decorator sugar (you know, that course stuff)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line baking sheets with silpat (parchment will do.
- 2Stir butter, sugar, oil and salt until combined.
- 3Stir in egg, milk, rum and vanilla until combined.
- 4Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg until just combined.
- 5Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 6Make 3 tbs dough balls, roll in sugar and place on pans with at least 2 inches between them.
- 7Flatten each to about 1 inch thick.
- 8Sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- 9Bake one pan at a time, until cookie centers have risen and are beginning to crack. This will be about 11 - 13 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and tap on the counter so the cookies deflate.
- 11Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
- 12Chill time NOT included.
- 13I suspect smaller cookies could be made. I will be experimenting and update this when I know for sure.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiked Eggnog Chews
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g