Recipe by Babushka
Get ready to raid your liquor cabinet! A moist and delicious treat for any time of the day with ingredients you probably already have! My husband ate half a loaf in one sitting!! Haven't tried freezing yet as it doesn't last that long, but stays for at least a week in the fridge :)Makes 2 loaves.
For the bread
- 709.77 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 354.88 ml bananas, mashed (about 2-3 large bananas)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 78.07 ml triple sec (it's citrus flavored)
- 28.39 ml triple sec
- 118.29 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 1/8 cup triple sec and 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together margarine and 1 1/2 cups sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- While mixer is still mixing, slowly add 1/3 cup of triple sec and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- Mixture will be creamy but not too runny. Pour into two greased 8 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Then, with loaves still on oven racks paint the bread with the topping. Be sure to cover entire top. Bake five more minutes.
- Allow to cool in pans five minutes before transferring to cooling racks.