1/1 Photo of Spiked Banana Bread
Get ready to raid your liquor cabinet! A moist and delicious treat for any time of the day with ingredients you probably already have! My husband ate half a loaf in one sitting!! Haven't tried freezing yet as it doesn't last that long, but stays for at least a week in the fridge :)Makes 2 loaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 2-3 large bananas)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup triple sec (it's citrus flavored)
- 1Mix together 1/8 cup triple sec and 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix together margarine and 1 1/2 cups sugar until creamy.
- 4Beat in eggs and bananas.
- 5Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- 6While mixer is still mixing, slowly add 1/3 cup of triple sec and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- 7Mixture will be creamy but not too runny. Pour into two greased 8 inch loaf pans.
- 8Bake for 40 minutes. Then, with loaves still on oven racks paint the bread with the topping. Be sure to cover entire top. Bake five more minutes.
- 9Allow to cool in pans five minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiked Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 266.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: