1/1 Photo of Spiked Banana Bread
Get ready to raid your liquor cabinet! A moist and delicious treat for any time of the day with ingredients you probably already have! My husband ate half a loaf in one sitting!! Haven't tried freezing yet as it doesn't last that long, but stays for at least a week in the fridge :)Makes 2 loaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 2-3 large bananas)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup triple sec (it's citrus flavored)
- 1Mix together 1/8 cup triple sec and 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix together margarine and 1 1/2 cups sugar until creamy.
- 4Beat in eggs and bananas.
- 5Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- 6While mixer is still mixing, slowly add 1/3 cup of triple sec and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- 7Mixture will be creamy but not too runny. Pour into two greased 8 inch loaf pans.
- 8Bake for 40 minutes. Then, with loaves still on oven racks paint the bread with the topping. Be sure to cover entire top. Bake five more minutes.
- 9Allow to cool in pans five minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiked Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 266.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: