Get ready to raid your liquor cabinet! A moist and delicious treat for any time of the day with ingredients you probably already have! My husband ate half a loaf in one sitting!! Haven't tried freezing yet as it doesn't last that long, but stays for at least a week in the fridge :)Makes 2 loaves.
For the bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed (about 2-3 large bananas)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup triple sec (it's citrus flavored)
- 1⁄8 cup triple sec
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mix together 1/8 cup triple sec and 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together margarine and 1 1/2 cups sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- While mixer is still mixing, slowly add 1/3 cup of triple sec and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- Mixture will be creamy but not too runny. Pour into two greased 8 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Then, with loaves still on oven racks paint the bread with the topping. Be sure to cover entire top. Bake five more minutes.
- Allow to cool in pans five minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
this is really good! i think a little spice would be nice so i may add some cinnamon next time (hmm goldschlager instead of triple sec?) but yummy!
Very good! I used coconut rum liqeur and real unsalted butter instead, still tastes great. My husband doesn't even like bananas, and he gobbled it up!
Very moist and lush-shush, if you know what I mean ;) And this yummy banana bread is, I think, even better the day after baking. I followed your instructions almost exactly, only substituting butter for the margarine and adding an additional 5-10 minutes to the bake-time. My family requests that I make this again soon!