Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend Sherri found this recipe, made it and passed it on to me. It's excellent!
- 5 cups peeled, cored and sliced cooking apples (Mac's or Granny Smiths are good)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄2 ounces amaretto di saronno liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Arrange apple slices in a greased 2 quart round casserole.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon, lemon and orange rinds and both liqueurs.
- In a small bowl mix together both sugars, flour, salt and butter.
- Mix together until crumbly.
- Spread mixture over top of apples.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until apples are tender and top is lightly browned, around 1 hour.
- Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.