Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great in a pita or on wheat bread. Cook time is for boiling the eggs.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Mix it all together.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Absolutely delicious! We made this up with fat free mayo, and had a picnic in the park! Just great tasting! Thanks for a simple and delightful recipe!
At first I thought the carrots would make the salad a little too sweet. Not at all! The combination of flavors is just perfect, the carrots makes it taste fresh. Used 1/3 cup mayo, 1 1/2tsp horseradish and a little more than 1/8 tsp hot sauce. Did not need any pepper and just a little salt. Took some with me to work and found myself handing out the recipe left and right. Very good salad. Thanks for posting.