Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the newspaper. My whole family really loved it. I did not serve it with bread, but it was great anyway.
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 lbs meat, cut into cubes (pork & chicken)
- Mix all ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinade in fridge for three days, stirring at least twice a day.
- (This is important).
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Skewer meat and grill.
- Serve with sliced Italian bread.
- Cooked meat can be frozen and heated up.
I'm posting my review again to let everyone know how good this is. Being a west coaster, I learned from an east coaster. The long marinating is key. Also, the east coast serving is: Grab a slice of Italian bread, put the skewer in the middle, hold firmly the bread around the skewer & slide the meat off the skewer. You now have a delicious spiedie. A line of people will form for the next one.
Great recipe. I intended to try with mini pitas for an appetizer so cut my cubes small and cooked in shallow roaster then under broiler for color. Ended up eating as is not serving on any bread. Next time will do larger cubes and grill as a kabob.Will also use lesser amount of rosemary as it is not very popular with rest of family.