Recipe by Chill
I found this recipe in the newspaper. My whole family really loved it. I did not serve it with bread, but it was great anyway.
Top Review by Tander
I'm posting my review again to let everyone know how good this is. Being a west coaster, I learned from an east coaster. The long marinating is key. Also, the east coast serving is: Grab a slice of Italian bread, put the skewer in the middle, hold firmly the bread around the skewer & slide the meat off the skewer. You now have a delicious spiedie. A line of people will form for the next one.
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 lbs meat, cut into cubes (pork & chicken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinade in fridge for three days, stirring at least twice a day.
- (This is important).
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Skewer meat and grill.
- Serve with sliced Italian bread.
- Cooked meat can be frozen and heated up.