Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe years ago and make it every year around halloween! Kids of all ages love it ;) Easy peasy too. Rice cereal, peanut butter, chocolate - reminds me of chocolate haystacks only easier. Impress your kids friends with this super treat. Cooking time is refrigerated time. Enjoy! ♥
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- HEAT morsels and 3/4 cup peanut butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth; remove from heat. Add sugar; stir vigorously until smooth.
- PLACE cereal in large bowl. Add 1 cup melted chocolate mixture; stir until evenly coated. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Using small metal spatula, shape into 10-inch circle with slightly raised 1-inch-wide border. Pour remaining chocolate mixture in center of circle; spread to border.
- FOR SPIDERWEB:.
- PLACE remaining peanut butter in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of chocolate. Using wooden pick or tip of sharp knife, pull tip through peanut butter from center to border. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into wedges.
Great idea, this looked and tasted great on halloween.
Tested this and it IS easy peasy. So good I'm adding to my Halloween treats for the trick or treaters in my family. Thanks Vseward for a great recipe the kids love.