Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
I got this recipe from a friend as an idea for a goodie for my sons Halloween party at his preschool. This sounds like a spooktacular treat!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips, opt
Frosting For Spider Web
- 6 ounces butter, softened
- 12 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars until creamy.
- Then add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Next add in flour, baking powder and soda, spices.
- Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons full onto a well greased cookie sheet making sure, with a spoon, it is 4-5 inches in diameter, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, and then remove and put on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For frosting cream the butter and sugar.
- Next add in orange zest and juice blending well.
- On top of cookies to a spiral of frosting with a pastry bag or a ziplock with corner cut starting in the middle and moving out.
- Using a knife, take from middle of cookie and gently pulling frosting out to the side in 4-6 different places.