Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A spiderlicious cheesecake for a halloween party.
- 18 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 semisweet baking chocolate square
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or 325°F if using a dark 9-inch nonstick springform pan). Mix cookie crumbs and 2 tablespoons butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Set aside.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minute or until center is almost set; cool slightly. Carefully spread sour cream over top of cheesecake. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- PLACE chocolate and 1 teaspoons butter in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 30 sec.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Drizzle over cheesecake in spiral pattern. Starting at center of cheesecake, pull a toothpick through lines from center of cheesecake to outside edge of cheesecake to resemble a spider's web. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.