Recipe by Lorac
A quick cream cheese salsa dip topped with prepared guacamole decorated with a sour cream spider web. The optional chips are Halloween shapes cut out of tortillas and baked. The prep and cooking time includes the chips. Posted by request.
Top Review by avd481
Ok, it doesn't get any easier, looks creative and tastes great too. I also use the Neufchatel (1/3 reduced fat) cream cheese and light sour cream. I place the finished dip in it's pie plate on top of a larger platter and surround it with black (blue corn tortilla's) and orange (cheese Doritos) chips half and half. When piping the sour cream on, just be sure to cut a really tiny opening in the ziploc at first because the larger opening makes it look sloppy. Everyone loved this.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) jarprepared salsa
- 1⁄2 cup prepared guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Spooky Tortilla Chips
- 3 (12 ounce) packages 8-inch flour tortillas or 3 (12 ounce) packagesflavored flour tortillas (optional)
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese and salsa in blender or food processor container and blend until almost smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on round serving dish or pie plate, smooth guacamole over top, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Place sour cream in small resealable plastic food storage bag, seal bag.
- Cut off tiny corner of bag and pipe sour cream in spiral shape over guacamole.
- Run tip of knife through sour cream to make"spider web.
- Spooky Tortilla Chips:Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using 3-inch Halloween cookie cutters, cut tortillas, one at a time, into shapes.
- Lightly spray tortilla shapes with cooking spray.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.