A quick cream cheese salsa dip topped with prepared guacamole decorated with a sour cream spider web. The optional chips are Halloween shapes cut out of tortillas and baked. The prep and cooking time includes the chips. Posted by request.
- Place cream cheese and salsa in blender or food processor container and blend until almost smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on round serving dish or pie plate, smooth guacamole over top, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Place sour cream in small resealable plastic food storage bag, seal bag.
- Cut off tiny corner of bag and pipe sour cream in spiral shape over guacamole.
- Run tip of knife through sour cream to make"spider web.
- Spooky Tortilla Chips:Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using 3-inch Halloween cookie cutters, cut tortillas, one at a time, into shapes.
- Lightly spray tortilla shapes with cooking spray.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Ok, it doesn't get any easier, looks creative and tastes great too. I also use the Neufchatel (1/3 reduced fat) cream cheese and light sour cream. I place the finished dip in it's pie plate on top of a larger platter and surround it with black (blue corn tortilla's) and orange (cheese Doritos) chips half and half. When piping the sour cream on, just be sure to cut a really tiny opening in the ziploc at first because the larger opening makes it look sloppy. Everyone loved this.
DELICIOUS! I used lowfat cream cheese and chilled it for a bit to let that mixture solidify. I used 2 large avacados & made my own guac (adding some lemon juice, a bit of sour cream, spices) and easily spread it on top. It was more than 1/2 a cup, however who doesn't love guac?? I made 2 black spiders out of black olives. I made it for the Halloween party & it was the first thing to go! I had so many people ask me for the recipe too! Great post Lorac! Thanks!!
I couldn't get the guacamole to spread over the cheese/salsa mixture which kind of wrecked the whole thing. I like the spiderweb idea and I give the hallowe'en shaped tortilla chips a "5" so overall I'm rating this as a "3".