Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Sunset Magazine. You can use your favorite Deviled egg recipe.
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 18 pitted black olives
- Cut eggs lengthwise into halves.
- Slip out yolks and mash well with a fork.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Fill whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly.
- To make spiders: cut each olive in half lengthwise. Set 1/2 olive on each egg.
- Cut the remaining olives in quarters to form the legs. Put 4 legs on each side to make spiders.
Wow, these were such a FANTASTIC addition to our Halloween-themed game night yesterday evening! I chose to follow the deviled egg recipe below (simple-perfect!), and just added a sprinkle of paprika on top before arranging the olives. Since I had half a can of sliced olives left over from another recipe, I used those to complete the 'spiders' and it worked out great! Delicious, adorable (in a giggly, pretending to be grossed out way), and very fun! We'll no doubt be adding this to the menu of every Halloween occasion we have/attend in the future! Too cute! Thank you so much for posting this! **Update-We loved this recipe so much, we're now adapting it into Xmas Tree Eggs for the winter holidays! This time, we're going to use chopped green olives to shape the trees! :) Thanks again!