Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a nice, moist cornbread! Serve with butter or honey butter.
- 2 2⁄3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Place cornmeal in a bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and 2 cups of milk. Add approximately 1/2 of this to the dry ingredients.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet or round baking dish. Pour in batter and spread evenly.
- Pour in remaining cup of milk/eggs over top. Do not stir.
- Bake at once in a preheated 375°F oven for about 25 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.