Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
The standard alternative to a milkshake offered by dairies in NZ. Ice cream plus the fizzy drink of your choice.
- 1 -2 scoop ice cream (eg vanilla)
- carbonated beverage (eg raspberry or soda water with the fruit juice of your choice)
- Place scoops of ice cream in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Add the carbonated beverage/soda/fizzy drink.
- Watch that the froth does not overflow.
In Canada, this is known as a float, and root beer is probably the best-known soda used. I have fond childhood memories of root beer floats at the A+W drive-in.
My favourite was always lime fizzy with vanilla icecream.
We have these in Australia too. I think traditionally the soft drink was lemonade with vanilla ice cream, but I love them with all sorts of mixes. Cola is a great mix with vanilla ice cream, so is creamy soda - just about anything goes though. If anybody has never tried these, you are seriously missing out!!!!