Recipe by CARML mama
A zippy twist on a basic zucchini soup recipe. Easy to make in a crock pot or stovetop and delicious taste! Adjust the amount of jalapeno you add to your desired heat, we like it nice and spicy.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Loved this soup! Used the hot Italian sausage and a bit more tomato paste as I like a richer tomato sauce. The zucchini and black beans really added a nice touch. Will definitely make again -- thanks for the post! Made for Spring PAC, 2012.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 32 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon (can substitute 3 cups beef broth in place of water and boullion)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until on longer pink; drain. Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add rest of ingredients to kettle and bring to a boil. (If you are using a crock pot transfer meat and onion and add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot. Let cook on low until vegetables are tender or approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours Can leave it on all day if you need to, it just gets better with time!).
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hrs or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with crusty bread or noodles and enjoy!