Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A zippy twist on a basic zucchini soup recipe. Easy to make in a crock pot or stovetop and delicious taste! Adjust the amount of jalapeno you add to your desired heat, we like it nice and spicy.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 32 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon (can substitute 3 cups beef broth in place of water and boullion)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until on longer pink; drain. Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add rest of ingredients to kettle and bring to a boil. (If you are using a crock pot transfer meat and onion and add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot. Let cook on low until vegetables are tender or approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours Can leave it on all day if you need to, it just gets better with time!).
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hrs or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with crusty bread or noodles and enjoy!
Loved this soup! Used the hot Italian sausage and a bit more tomato paste as I like a richer tomato sauce. The zucchini and black beans really added a nice touch. Will definitely make again -- thanks for the post! Made for Spring PAC, 2012.