Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very good recipe for all that zucchini that comes from your garden or a great sale at the supermarket
- 3 zucchini or 3 summer squash (or a mixture)
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 -4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander or 2 -4 tablespoons parsley (I use parsley I can't stand Cilantro as it's also known)
- Cut all your zucchinis or squash in half,lengthwise.
- Using a sharp knife,cut zucchini into small strips (julienne) or slices.
- Place into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the peel off the lime,then cut it in half and squeeze out all the juice (2 tbsp).
- Mix peel and juice with soy,oil ginger,red pepper and parsley.
- Pour over zucchini and mix well.
- Serve right away or cover and place in fridge.
- It is best served within 3 hours of making because it turns soggy.