Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soft n' Spicy cookies (more like little zucchini cakes actually) the spices are nice and warming, don't be afraid to adjust the spice to personal preference! Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 banana (blended to pulp)
- 10 dates (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (chopped) (optional)
- preheat overn to 350F and grease pans.
- mix dry and wet ingredients in seperate bowls.
- Then add the dry mix into the wet and combine together.
- Spoon out one inch sized balls onto greased cookie sheet ( give them a little room to spread ).
- Bake on 350 for about 10min or until endges and bottom are golden.
Unfortunately, I had to put these in the compost. I wondered about the 2 Tbsp. of baking soda, but put it in anyway. Maybe it was supposed to be 2 tsp. I really think that with less baking soda, this recipe would be excellent, worthy of 5 stars. In fact, the spice combination was so good, that I'll give it another try soon with less soda. I used whole wheat flour. Used cocoa, as i had no carob powder. Also, I had no cardamom, so I just skipped it. And, last I only used 1/2 tsp. of salt.