Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another fat-free but flavorful dish
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped tomato, fresh or canned
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle chile
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in the sherry until tender.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, and chipotle puree. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
I used 3 medium sized zucchini. I liked the boost in flavor and thought the sherry & chipolte were nice additions to a summer classic. I added a pinch of sugar since I was using canned tomatoes. Thank you for sharing the recipe!