Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
This was so good last night, I don't want to forget what I did! This was a great side dish for cheese enchiladas. Adjust the seasonings according to your tastes and the age of your kids. I used the lower end for my 6yo (who ate it without protest) and 20mo (who was not so fond of it). If I were to cook this for just the adults at my house, I would use the upper end. I used really small zucchini for this, less than an inch in diameter and about 5-6 inches long.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 0 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small zucchini
- 4.92-14.78 ml garlic powder
- 4.92-14.78 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- Place oil in a large, heavy non-stick skillet and begin heating over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, slice onion and cut zucchini into 1/4" rounds.
- Once oil is nice and hot, saute onion until it is starting to carmelize (about 2 minutes).
- Add zucchini and seasonings. Turn heat down slightly (to medium), and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Zucchini should be yellow with some brown spots, slightly transparent looking and soft without being mushy. Onions should be thoroughly carmelized and yummy. :).
Made this for dinner, but my husband and I did not care for it. I took other reviewers suggestion about adding 2 teaspoons of chili powder and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, but the 2 teaspoons of chili powder was just too much, too spicy, and it overpowered the taste of the dish, as did the 1 teaspoon of salt, which made the zucchini taste too salty as well. Guess this is one side dish I won't be making again.
Nice side dish. Chili powder makes the dish
Yum! This was really simple and good. Thanks CraftScout for a great keeper. Made for I Recommend Tag.