Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A great way to use up your extra zucchini from the garden. Yellow squash can be easily substituted.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ears corn or 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the zucchini and cut it into discs about 1/2 inch thick. Heat the olive oil in a wide, deep skillet set on medium-high heat. Put the zucchini discs in the skillet and cook them until they become a deep brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to a dish.
- While the zucchini cooks, slice the corn off the cob. Remove and discard stem and seeds from red pepper and chop finely. Chop the onion finely.
- Add the corn, pepper and onion to the skillet and cook over medium high heat to soften the onion being careful not to burn.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper and zucchini to the skillet with the other vegetables. Reduce heat to medium and cook to heat through, about 1 minute.