Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe will make you nostalgic for your s'more-and-campfire days.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bagunsweetened carob chips
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Melt butter, carob chips and toffee bits together in the top part of a double boiler over low heat, stirring until smooth and melted.
- Place marshmallows and walnuts in a large bowl, stir in carob mixture while warm.
- Cut sheets of foil into rectangles, 5" wide. Lay coconut along the surface, covering 2/3 of the foil.
- Create a "roulade"-type effect by spreading a mixture on top of coconut and roll up. Divide mixture into four. Place 1/4 of mixture on the edge of foil and begin to roll. You will be covering the log with coconut.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, unwrap foil and cut 1/2" slices while cold.
- Allow slices to warm to room temperature before serving.
- Variation: After you pour carob mixture over marshmallows, put entire mixture back in top pan of double boiler and allow it to melt together. Spray a pan with nonstick spray, then spoon out in mounds on cookie tin and let cool and refrigerate.
- Variation: Substitute 12-ounce bag of chocolate-and-peanut butter chips for the carob chips and toffee bits.