Recipe by winter rowand
This is a very different way to make chicken wings. I hope you like it as much as I do.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 minced Spanish onion
- 1 finely diced bell pepper
- 1 finely diced celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced red chilies
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated at the joint
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a sauce pan add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and chillies. Sauté until tender.
- Add tomatoes, bananas, and seasonings. simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry chicken wings; place in a casserole dish.
- Cover with sauce, then cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350°F for 45 minutes uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.