Recipe by threeovens
Serve with baked pita chips or pappadams (Indian flat bread) that has been heated and broken into piece, or whatever! Stores, in the refrigerator, up to 3 days.
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (drained) or 2 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain cucumber in a fine sieve for 20 minutes; press to extract liquid.
- Meanwhile, if using plain yogurt, drain in cheesecloth placed in a sieve, 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat; add curry powder and cook until bubbly, about 45 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool; stir in cucumber, yogurt, chutney, ginger, cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour; adjust seasonings.
- Store up to 3 days refrigerated.