Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 mins
Serve with baked pita chips or pappadams (Indian flat bread) that has been heated and broken into piece, or whatever! Stores, in the refrigerator, up to 3 days.
- Drain cucumber in a fine sieve for 20 minutes; press to extract liquid.
- Meanwhile, if using plain yogurt, drain in cheesecloth placed in a sieve, 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat; add curry powder and cook until bubbly, about 45 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool; stir in cucumber, yogurt, chutney, ginger, cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour; adjust seasonings.
- Store up to 3 days refrigerated.
Made this for friends this weekend. The best dip for apps and was great later in the meal on our salmon. Loved it!!!!