Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Try a spicy twist with your chicken - this dish works well hot or cold. Instead of drumsticks, use chicken breasts cut into cubes and threaded onto skewers.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- With a sharp knife, make a few slashes in each drumstick.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste.
- Add the drumsticks, rubbing the mixture well into the meat. If you have time, cover and chill for 30 minutes
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Cook them on the barbecue for 20-25 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- If cooking indoors, heat oven to 400F and roast the drumsticks for 30 mins until chicken is cooked through.
Nicely flavored chicken! The blend of spices was delicious, and the yogurt marinade helped keep the chicken juicy on the grill. The marinade does brown up quickly, so the recommendation to turn frequently is a good one. Thanks for sharing!