Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Super moist chicken with a bit of a bite, my guests always enjoy this. I serve this with Jasmine rice and other vegetables. A do ahead recipe that can be marinated during the day and then popped in oven in the evening.
- 8 -10 chicken drumsticks or 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 (200 g) container low-fat yogurt (I use skim)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Place chicken in shallow dish.
- Mix yoghurt, garlic, cumin, coriander and chilli together and pour over chicken.
- Coat well.
- Cover and leave to marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove excess yoghurt mix from chicken.
- Arrange drumsticks on foil line baking tray and bake in moderate oven 200deg C for 35- 40 minutes or until tender and cooked.
- Place remaining yoghurt mix into saucepan.
- Blend in cornflour and sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.
No problem with this recipe. Good taste and do ahead to boot!! I added extra spices and used the marinade (I added some white wine to thin it a bit) as a sauce for the chicken and rice. Thanks Sueie.
This was good, but we only marinated it for 1 hour. I will make this again, marinating for longer and re-review. I loved the fact that we used the marinade for a sauce, rather than discarding it as you do in so many recipes. I discovered I had no cornflour, but the yoghurt heated well, was thick enough, and didn't curdle.