Recipe by Nasseh
I wanted a soup that all my family would eat. After reviewing many recipes online I came up with this flavorful soup.
Top Review by barefootmommawv
This was absolutely delish!! I had to make some changes. I didnt have any beef laid out. And really I was looking for another recipe when I found this one. So I adjusted this recipe to use chicken that I had already cooked down in the freezer and used some leftover bbq chicken I had in the fridge. I used chicken stock and a tad bit of chicken base. I added some frozen veggies that I had left over in the freezer since the recipe indicated a variation. I know if I used beef I would of ended up with the same results. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. When we have the left overs tomorrow I will serve with a grilled cheese. The kiddo's even loved this recipe. Ty Ty Barefootmomma
- 1 -2 lb stewing beef, bite size
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth (I used Campbell's condensed, undiluted)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy you want it)
- 2 cups yolk-free egg noodles
- 2 -3 cups water
Vegetables (can be varied)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, bite size pieces (a must for the right flavor in this soup)
- 2 carrots, bite size pieces
- 1 parsnip, bite size pieces
- 1 turnip, bite size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the beef in flour, salt, & pepper. Heat the oil in a large pot. Brown the beef in the oil.
- Dump the petite tomatoes, tomato sauce, & beef broth into the pot with the beef. Add the parsley, Worcetershire sauce & all the spices into the sauce. Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the sauce & simmer the soup on low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Before the vegetables are completely done add the noodles into the pan & water (enough to cover the noodles). Cook for additional 10 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Serve with warm bread & butter. Yum!