1/2 Photos of Spicy Winter Squash Soup
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
Spicy and satisfying soup! Olive oil can be cut back to a drizzle for those looking to lighten their fat intake. NOTE:If using curry powder...replace basil with cilantro or parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12.32 ml cajun seasoning or 12.32 ml curry powder
- 680.38 g winter squash
- 9.85-14.78 ml fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1000.0 ml skim milk
- 473.18 ml sweet onions, diced
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 283.49 g frozen corn kernels
- 283.49 g frozen green beans or 283.49 g frozen green peas
- 177.44 ml fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1Trim edges of squash, cut into four pieces, remove seeds.
- 2Steam 12-15 minutes until soft.
- 3Scrape the squash from the skin into a blender, add ginger and 2 1/2 cups milk; purée.
- 4Sauté onion, celery and garlic in 3 teaspoons olive oil until onions are soft.
- 5Reduce heat to low, stir in Cajun spice mix. Stir for 30 seconds, add squash purée and remaining milk.
- 6Bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Add corn and green beans and continue to simmer.
- 8Stir in basil.
- 9Season with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Winter Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 189.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 16.2 g