Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was handed down through my family. We always had it at Christmas dinner, but it's so good we make it throughout the year now. The alcohol cooks out of the wine so it's safe for old and young alike! This makes a very flavorful and tender ham!
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup wine (we use Mogan David cherry or blackberry)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon belgium mustard (or other spicy)
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Poke holes in your ham with a cutlery fork so the ham will absorb more of the glaze.
- Pour the glaze over the ham and bake at 350 degrees until done, basting at least twice during cooking.
- NOTE: If your ham is pre-cooked or smoked, you only need to cook long enough to re-heat it. Save the juices for any leftover ham you might have. You can freeze the ham with some of the cooking juices in ziplock bags. They re-heat wonderfully.