Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another recipe I tried from the Better Homes and Gardens 2008 Annual Recipes Cookbook. I like the little bit of smoky heat the chipotles give the sauce. I did use low-fat sour cream instead of the fat-free and it came out fine.
- 226.79 g low-fat sour cream (or fat-free)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 9.85 ml canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 453.59 g assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced (cremini, oyster, stemmed shiitake or button)
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml paprika
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
- 709.77 ml hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In small bowl combine sour cream, flour, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in broth and chipotle peppers. Set aside.
- In a very large skillet heat 1 T. oil over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms.Cook stirring frequently, until onion is tender and most of liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl combine seasoned salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Add chicken to skillet with remaining 1T. oil. Cook and stir until chicken is browned.
- Add sour cream mixture to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve over egg noodles and top with additional sour cream and parsley, if desired.