This is another recipe I tried from the Better Homes and Gardens 2008 Annual Recipes Cookbook. I like the little bit of smoky heat the chipotles give the sauce. I did use low-fat sour cream instead of the fat-free and it came out fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream (or fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lb assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced (cremini, oyster, stemmed shiitake or button)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1In small bowl combine sour cream, flour, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in broth and chipotle peppers. Set aside.
- 2In a very large skillet heat 1 T. oil over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms.Cook stirring frequently, until onion is tender and most of liquid has evaporated.
- 3Meanwhile in medium bowl combine seasoned salt, pepper and paprika.
- 4Add chicken; toss to coat.
- 5Add chicken to skillet with remaining 1T. oil. Cook and stir until chicken is browned.
- 6Add sour cream mixture to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat and cook 2 minutes more.
- 7Serve over egg noodles and top with additional sour cream and parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Wild Mushroom and Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo