Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy and quick to put together. Made with cooked chicken and great northern beans.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- In a 3 quart saucepan, sauté onions in oil until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cloves; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add broth, chicken and beans; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add cheese; stir until melted. Garnish with sour cream and jalapeno peppers if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 1/4 quarts).
- Taste of Home.
This is the white chili recipe I always use! I found it in a Taste of Home Cookbook and it's absolutely wonderful.My husband loves it and brings the leftovers to work for lunch. The guy he works with loves it too and says it's his favorite meal. I like to garnish it with sour cream, fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and thinly sliced jalapenos . I serve flour tortillas and corn tostadas on the side. A family favorite and it's quick and easy! P.S. Make sure you use the cloves , it gives it a wonderful taste. Don't use more than the 1/4 teaspoon, though. They are very strong, you could even use a little less -but make sure you use a little bit.
I LOVE this chili. It's the perfect white chicken chili. I get a rotisserie chicken and shred all the meat I can get off of that. Thanks for posting it here on Food.com!
This is scrumptious! I didn't change the seasoning at all, but used turkey instead chicken, homemade chicken stock and a combination of fresh green chilies and green bell peppers. I also had to use cheddar cheese instead of jack. I don't really think, however that the overall flavor of the dish is so different from what I would have gotten if I had followed the recipe strictly. And what I have is wonderful. Thank you very much for posting this recipe. I will treasure it.