Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another cheese dip recipe from a cheese fanatic! Make a batch up and freeze it!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel works great)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs deli white American cheese, slices, torn
- Place all ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours, stirring gently every hour. Stir before serving.
- Serve with assorted tortilla and corn chips.
- Make ahead and freeze: Spoon into quart size freezer containers, and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 60 seconds until thoroughly heated.
Good cheese dip!Right amount of heat for me! I halved the recipe because I couldn't bring myself to pay the the price for 2 lbs of the cheese(gulp). Half the recipe was plenty. I will make it again!