Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was the 2000 GRAND PRIZE WINNER in the White Castle recipe contest!
- 10 White Castle hamburgers, no pickle
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 (1/2 ounce) packetswhite castle dusseldorf mustard
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 9 ounces of hot monterey jack pepper cheese, chunked
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- Mix cream cheese and mustard together and spread on bottom of large, shallow serving dish.
- Spread onions evenly on top of mixture.
- Put burgers in food processor until blended and spread evenly over onions.
- Cut cheese into chunks, add milk and melt in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir until creamy.
- Pour cheese mixture over burgers. Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- Heat for 3-4 minutes on high in microwave or 20 minutes in oven.
- Serve with a large bag of tortilla chips.
I made this for a event out at the VFW Post. This is really good. I served it with chips and crackers. Some even put it on rye bread. After people had tried it, they wanted to know what it was. They could not believe what it was. Some of the ladies wanted the recipe. It was a big hit. I will be making again. Thanks for posting!!!
This is one of those recipes that makes you scratch your head when you read it, So of course I had to try it! It was really good, liked it! I put it out on the table with pita bread and pita chips and walked away to see what everyoneâ€™s reactions would be. Very positive, a few people picked out the White Castle immediately and few were shocked. But they all finished the entire bowl;) The only thing I did wrong was over processed the burgers-thank goodness those are cheap;) I started over and did a few fast pulses and they came out perfect! Thanks for posting, I'll be making it again