Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use scotch bonnet peppers if you dare! If not, this is still an outstanding BBQ marinade with exceptional flavor - citrusy, spicy, sweet. Used as a marinade or a grilling glaze, it's perfect on whitefish, chicken, pork or vegetables.
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (I like more...!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can also substitute fresh serrano peppers.) or 1 -2 scotch bonnet pepper, for the brave (can also substitute fresh serrano peppers.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Combine all ingredients and let sit to blend for about 30 minutes.
- Use as a marinade/grilling "sauce" for fish, chicken, pork or even vegetables.