Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The intro on this states "Traditionally enjoyed by Latino children, this dish makes a refreshing summer snack with a surprising combination of flavors that any adventurous eater can enjoy!" When I saw it post on allrecipes.com was reminded of a delicious watermelon jalapeno gazpacho I had tried once years ago and though I just had to bring over here.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- Mix cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Place watermelon into serving bowls; sprinkle with spice mixture. Squeeze lime juice over spiced watermelon.
This is a very unique way to enjoy watermelon, and takes a little getting used to! I'm not such a fan of cumin or chili powder, so I would probably reduce those next time. But the hot pepper and the lime juice complement the sweetness of the melon nicely. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.
I liked this alot! I actually sprinkled more seasoning on mine after the initial bite! Made for ZWT9 for the Gourment Goddesses July 2013.
An interesting twist to watermelon. The lime juice was very freshing. Thanks, Deb for sharing. Made for ZWT9.