Recipe by weekend cooker
Great main dish salad that makes for a wonderful entree. Ready in 30 minutes.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Great combo of flavors! The bean mixture and jalapeno dressing were delicious - flavorful enough that you could really even leave out the chicken. For the dressing, I substituted plain greek yogurt for the sour cream and fresh lime juice for the lemon.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub soup mix over both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the beans, corn, and picante sauce.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in chilies and onions, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, pepper jelly, and lemon juice, and set aside.
- Toss lettuce and romaine, divide among 4 salad plates.
- Slice chicken, arrange on greens.
- Place red pepper slices and bean mixture around chicken.
- Drizzle with sour cream mixture, sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with jalapenos if desired.