Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great salad topper! These nuts have a sweet and spicy combination that is delish!!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, lightly crushed
- Mix all ingredients but walnuts in skillet on medium until well blended.
- Add walnuts and cover till light brown.
- Remove from skillet and put on wax paper.
- Let cool.
- Break walnuts into smaller pieces.
- Put on a salad and enjoy!
This recipe is amazing. Great on salad. Perfect combo of hot and sweet. I agree that I don't like how they stay moist and sticky.
I really liked how these turned out. Beware, they ARE spicy, but I love spicy foods and I really liked the contrast of the sweet honey and hot cayenne here. I have just been snacking on them, but I imagine they'd be great on a salad, too -- something with chicken in it. The honey on these never completely dries out to a hard glaze, so they tend to still want to stick together in the container, but no big deal to me. Yummy! Thanks!