Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy and light. Serve with a green salad, rice and some fresh melon or other fruit
- 340.19 g raw jumbo shrimp
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade or 118.29 ml plum jelly
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml minced ginger
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds (optional) or 14.79 ml chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- If shrimp are frozen thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large skillet, bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Add shrimp, simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and pink.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or peanuts.
Excellent recipe - I followed the recipe exactly using Plum jam/jelly. Great blend of flavore just right amount of "Hot" Loved it. Thanks for posting
We really enjoyed this! The spices sounded like a lot - and we love spicy food - so I cut the chilli powder to 1 tsp and the pepper flakes to a 1/4 tsp. The blend of spicy yet sweet was just right and the consistency was perfect, coating the shrimp nicely. I used orange marmalade jelly, topped the shrimp with toasted sesame seeds and served them on basmati rice. Yum! And one pot cooking to boot! As Dollface65 suggested, adding broccoli should work well. Thanks for a great recipe!
Followed the recipe as written, was very good. Served as a finger type food instead of with the rice as written. Next time I will add brocolli, thicken sauce a little with cornstarch and serve over rice.